All Kirkwood campuses and locations are closed through August 14th for storm damage recovery. The campus will plan on re-opening on August 17th.
Please visit www.kirkwood.edu/stormrecovery for frequent campus updates following the recent storm that impacted the region.
Kirkwood Community College and off campus locations may close due to weather or other emergency situations. Classes held at non-Kirkwood locations may be cancelled if that location is closed. Guidelines regarding how cancelations will be made are listed below:
If Kirkwood Community College is closed, media outlets will announce one of the following options:
- Kirkwood Community College Cancelled: Decision will be made by 6:00AM and includes all classes (daytime and evening) held on a Kirkwood Campus.
- Kirkwood Community College Late Start: Decision will be made by 6:00AM and will include all classes, on a Kirkwood Campus. Kirkwood will resume all scheduled activities at 10AM.
- Kirkwood Community College Daytime Only Cancelled: Decision will be made by 6:00AM and will include all classes, on a Kirkwood Campus, held between 7AM – 5PM.
- Kirkwood Community College Evening Only Cancelled: Decision will be made by 3:00PM and includes all classes, on a Kirkwood Campus, held after 5PM.
If your class is not scheduled on a Kirkwood campus, please view the following:
- Classes held at a public school: If media outlets announce a school cancellation where your class is located then your class is also cancelled.
- Classes held at a local business: Please contact the business directly for current class status.