Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions


Effective August 13, 2021, the following is an update on the latest health measures being taken by Kirkwood as we prepare for the start of the fall semester. There are a few simple steps we can all take to help make this academic year productive. It takes all of us working together to keep our campus community safe:

  • Get vaccinated. This is the most helpful thing you can do to protect yourself, your friends, and co-workers and to prevent the spread of COVID-19. COVID-19 vaccines are free, readily available, safe, and highly effective.
  • Stay home if you are sick. This is especially true if you have a fever, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, or other symptoms of illness.
  • You are requested to wear a facemask inside campus buildings. The college requests masking in all indoor spaces regardless of vaccine status given the high level of community transmission at this time. Disposable masks are readily available throughout the campus.
  • Get tested if you have COVID symptoms. Testing is readily available through Test Iowa, local health care providers, and many local pharmacies.

Click here for the complete list of updated protocols.

Continuing Education Waiver
Kirkwood Community College assumes no liability for accidents that occur while participating in Continuing Education classes and provides no funds to cover medical costs. Participants are reminded that participation is entirely voluntary and are strongly urged to have their own health insurance. It is understood that participation is voluntary and Kirkwood Community College is not responsible for injuries or accidents and all liability against them is waived.

Is there a minimum age for students in Continuing Education classes?
We are pleased to welcome learners of all ages by providing classes for adults and youth alike. However, learners under the age of 18 are not permitted to enroll in non-youth courses unless otherwise specified in the class description. Please call 319-398-1022 with any questions.

How do I register and pay?
There are several ways to register and pay for Continuing Education courses, including online and by phone or fax. Acceptable payment includes Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express Card or by check.
Click Here to register and pay online.
Click Here to download our registration form to register by mail or fax.

How do I create my profile?
For first-time users, click “Create New Student Profile” to create your own username, password and profile. This step is required. Your EagleNet login and password will not work unless you use this to create a new profile with us. If you have additional questions, please call 319-398-1022 for assistance.

How do I update my profile?
You may update your student profile at any time. After signing in, access the link entitled “My Profile” to change any of the information. Click “Edit” at the top of the page. You may then update any of your profile fields. When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Submit.”

Can I register for a class that is full?
All classes have a maximum class size and for specific reasons, that maximum number must be adhered to. For example, a computer class is limited in size by the number of computers available in that classroom.
To discuss the particular class you are interested in, contact our registration staff at 319-398-1022. If you wish to be considered for registration in a class that is currently full, you can request to be added to a waiting list by signing in online and clicking “Add to the Waiting List” link for the class that is full. If an opening becomes available, Kirkwood will call you to finalize your registration.

Can my employer pay for my classes?
We can bill a company or other agency for your continuing education charges. In order to do so, we must receive a Sponsorship Billing Form from that party, indicating which of your charges (tuition, fees, books, etc.) they are willing to pay. Any charges not covered by the Third Party Contract are your responsibility. Contact our registration staff at 319-398-1022 with any further questions.

Can I purchase gift certificates for classes?
Gift cards are available for purchase online for a dollar amount that can be applied to a class of the recipient’s choice.

What is the refund policy?
Refunds will be issued to learners who withdraw from class at least one business day prior to the class start date. No credit will be issued for classes dropped on or after the class start date. To withdraw your registration please call 319-398-1022.

Class changes and cancelations
Kirkwood Continuing Education makes every effort to maintain the schedule of classes as announced in our catalog. However, we reserve the right to change or cancel classes when necessary without previous announcement.  If this occurs, all those who are registered will be contacted.  If a class is cancelled all registrants will receive a refund or be allowed to transfer to a different class section.  All class changes will be reflected on our website. 

Inclement weather
Kirkwood Community College and off campus locations may close due to weather or other emergency situations. The decision to cancel Continuing Education classes will be made by 6:30 a.m. for daytime classes and by 3:00 p.m. for evening classes. To find out if your particular Continuing Education class is affected by this notice, please visit

How can I receive weather alerts to my phone?
To receive Kirkwood related weather alerts and emergency notifications, click here.

Where can I get directions to my class location?
Directions to your class location are found in the confirmation letter sent prior to your class start date.

How do I print a receipt?
To print a receipt, sign in and select "My Transactions" and locate the class. Under "Action", select "Print View" and print your receipt.

How do I print a transcript?
To print a current transcript of classes after February 18, 2010, sign in and select "My Transcript" from the menu bar on the left side of your screen. In the upper left corner select “Print View” to print your transcript. If you need an official transcript, please contact our registration staff at 319-398-1022.

Student Conduct Code
Click here for Student Conduct Code.