Skip to main content


Is there a minimum age for students in Continuing Education classes?
We are pleased to welcome learners of all ages by providing classes for adults and youth alike. However, learners under the age of 18 are not permitted to enroll in non-youth courses unless otherwise specified in the class description. 


Can I register for a class that is full?
All classes have a maximum class size and for specific reasons, that maximum number must be adhered to. If you wish to be considered for registration in a class that is currently full, you can request to be added to a waiting list by signing in online and clicking “Add to the Waiting List” link for the class that is full. If an opening becomes available, Kirkwood will call you to finalize your registration.

Can my employer pay for my classes?
We can bill a company or other agency for your continuing education charges. In order to do so, we must receive a Sponsorship Billing Form from that party, indicating which of your charges (tuition, fees, books, etc.) they are willing to pay. Any charges not covered by the Third Party Contract are your responsibility. 

Can I purchase gift certificates for classes?
Gift cards are available for purchase online for a dollar amount that can be applied to a class of the recipient’s choice.

Can I transfer to a different class?
Transfer are available to all learners who notify us at least two business days prior to the class start date. To request to be transferred please contact 319-398-1022.