Computer Technology/ Programming and Scripting
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Certificate CCPS-6600
Immersive reality technology is more attainable than ever before. Augmented (AR) and virtual reality (VR) represent a growing technology trend in training and development, gaming, marketing, and more. In this certificate program, you will learn how to plan, design, and create VR and AR apps and 360° videos using Unity, C#, Adobe Premiere Pro, and other industry-standard tools. Explore immersive reality concepts and the coding necessary to develop basic and advanced level experiences in a hands-on, project-driven way that gives you more practical experiences in the development process. You’ll leave the course with a personal portfolio that will provide a foundation to use as you continue your immersive reality development.
Ready to learn more? Complete our online form or contact us at 319-398-1022.
No upcoming dates at this time. Let us know you’re interested and we will contact you when the next offering becomes available!
Industry Credentials Earned:
None. This program does not award any nationally recognized certification upon completion.
Source: EMSI Career Coach 2020, Kirkwood Community College Region
Multimedia Artists and Animators
Average hourly earnings: $20.60
Starting hourly earnings: $11.34
Length of Program and CEU Credits:
128 hours, 15.53 CEUs
Program Completion Requirements:
This is a pass/fail certificate. Students will need to complete the final project portfolio components of this class in order to pass the certificate. Attendance is also a part of the requirement for obtaining the certificate. Students must attend a minimum of 80% of class to pass.
• Explore the different immersive reality options, including augmented, virtual, and 360° virtual video.
• Discover Unity and Adobe Premiere as development tools, including features, interfaces, and terminology associated with them. • Learn basic C# coding techniques specific to the creation of immersive reality projects.
• Plan, storyboard, and design three functional immersive projects from beginning to end.
• Practice building, evaluating, and improving the immersive reality development workflow.
• Share your projects through multiple mediums, including mobile and wearable devices.
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to create AR, VR, and 360° video projects. The certificate program culminates in creating a personal portfolio that will provide a foundation to use as you continue your immersive reality development.
Other Items to Know About this Course:
Pathway to Credit Program: