Industrial Technology/ Manufacturing
Certified Warehouse Technician CTTK-1650
The Certified Warehouse Technician program will provide skills for individuals who are interested in material handling, logistics, and learning warehouse basics. This certification program will assist workers in finding higher wage skilled jobs and help employers ensure their workers are capable of increasing the company’s productivity and competitiveness. You will obtain the Certified Logistics Associate and Certifies Logistics Technician certificates from the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC), based upon industry-defined and federally endorsed standards. Whether you are seeking an entry-level job or you are currently working in the field, this program is for you.
Kirkwood has partnered with local companies to prepare you for employment in the logistics industry. You’ll get real-world access to employers, job knowledge, and networking while in class. Students who complete the training program will be given the opportunity to interview with employers for job placement.
Classes include: 10 Hour OSHA General Industry Outreach Training, Power Industrial Forklift Operations, Certified Logistics Associate (Foundational Level), DOT Required Hazardous Materials Training (Job Specific), Certified Logistics Technician (Mid-Level).
Ready to learn more? Complete our online form or contact us at 319-398-1022.
No upcoming dates at this time. Let us know you’re interested and we will contact you when the next offering becomes available!
Yes. Full tuition assistance is available to support your career goals.* Click here to learn more.
*Some eligibility restrictions may apply.
Industry Credentials Earned:
OSHA 10-hour General Industry, Fork Truck operator, DOT Hazardous Material handling, MSSC Certified Logistics Associate (CLA), and MSSC Certified Logistics Technician (CLT)
Source: EMSI Career Coach 2020, Kirkwood Community College Region
Starting hourly earnings: $16.06
Projected job openings (annual, 2021): 840
Kirkwood has partnered with the following local employers to create this program. Students who complete the program will be given the opportunity to interview with employers for job placement.
CIVCO Medical Solutions
Travero – Logistics Park Cedar Rapids
Mi Conveyance Solutions Group
Students must be at least 18 years old.
Classroom, Online, Lab
Length of Program and CEU Credits:
96 hours, 11.52 CEUs
Program Completion Requirements:
This is a pass/fail certificate. To earn the CLA and CLT credentials, students must pass with a 75 percent or greater.
- Develop essential soft skills that promote workplace success such as conflict resolution, communication, teamwork, and basic computer knowledge.
- Acquire safety training necessary for the warehouse workplace environment, including forklift operation, DOT hazardous material handling, and OSHA-10 standards in general industry.
- Develop certified, foundational knowledge related to global supply chain logistics, 5S methodology, material handling equipment and operation, and quality control principles.
- Develop certified, mid-level knowledge related to product receiving, product storage, order processing, packaging and shipment, inventory control, and dispatch and trucking operations.
- Acquaint students with the warehouse environment via a hands-on simulated lab to learn picking, packing, inventory management, and shipping modes.
- Prepare for, and participate in, interviews with partner employers for potential job placement opportunities.
Students will build skills in material handling, logistics, and warehouse basics, and leave the program earning four nationally recognized credentials. This certification program will assist workers in finding higher wage jobs by providing the skills needed to excel and connecting them to local employers seeking to hire.
Other Items to Know About this Course:
All classroom materials are included in the tuition fee and will be provided in class. Partner employers are seeking to hire from students who complete the course. Students will benefit during the program from tours of facilities, guest speakers/panels, and interviews.
Pathway to Credit Program: